OGS would not be possible without all the support from our volunteers, vendors, and the community. We greatly appreciate your support and dedication! Interesting in helping OGS – see below for ways to get involved!
Volunteer at the Annual Princess Event
The 2013 Princess Event was held on March 9 & 10. Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers! Check back for dates for the 2014 Princess Event.
More Ways to Volunteer
Volunteers are needed year round. Email Pam for more information.
- Pick up donated dresses from drop off locations around the Twin Cities
- Deliver altered dresses to metro schools after Princess Event
- Work occasionally in the warehouse to inventory and organize donated dresses
- Volunteer to work during annual dress sales
- Volunteer time to complete minor alterations after the Princess Event
Get Your Taxes Done with H&R Block
Tax time is here. Operation Glass Slipper has joined with the H&R Block Non-Profit Referral program. If you didn’t have H&R Block do your taxes last year, simply have H&R Block complete and file your tax return, provide this form (HRB_Non-Profit_Referral) to your tax professional, and H&R Block will donate $25 to OGS. It’s a no-cost way to support OGS. You can visit:
- Marcia Hammelman of the Har Mar Mall office of H&R Block, 2100 North Snelling, Roseville, MN 55113 or
- Visit www.hrblock.com and enter your zip code into the “Find An Office” tool on the home page.
Recommend a Girl in Need
If you know of a girl who would benefit from Operation Glass Slipper, please contact her school for a referral form. If one is not available, contact us for further instruction.
Organize a Collection Drive
Ask your employer, organization, or school to let you organize a dress and accessory drive. We’ll send you a flyer, so all you need is a large box! Email us regarding pick up.
What we really need:
- Prom gowns in sizes 0-4 and 16+
- Bridal gowns, veils, and flower girl dressses
- Shoes in small sizes (4-7)
- Other accessories, such as purses, shawls, and undergarments.
- Large, handled department store bags in which girls can carry their personal/clothing items during their shopping experience.
- 72-inch long dry cleaner bags.
For drop off locations click here.
Monetary donations are always welcome! Operation Glass Slipper is a Minnesota 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, so your entire donation is tax-deductible. Check with your employer to see if they will match a charitable donation!
Donate through GiveMN by clicking here.